The DHS Hurricane Long 5 is the racket used by Ma Long to win the men’s singles at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. The seven-layer aramid carbon fiberboard uses the “core protection” technology to continue the Ma Long series of fast offensive and defensive transitions style.
As we all know, Ma Long is the first super grand slam male player in all competitions and is known as the “first man in history” and “hexagonal fighter” in men’s table tennis in the world. At the Rio Olympics, Ma Long was treated as a lifesaver by the “fat man who doesn’t know how to play“. Ma Long, sprayed with hairspray, held Long 5 in his hand, like a golden light, making it difficult for his opponent to fight.
The packaging box still continues the Chinese red style of DHS, from the early days of Hurrican King to the current era of Long 5, all are full of strong Chinese style.
Taking out the bottom plate, the first thing that catches your eyes is the light blue racket handle and the DHS logo covering it, with the head of Ma Long shouting at the bottom of the handle, adding a sense of aura to the whole.
- Price: ~150USD
- Structure Composition: Limba – Limba – ALC – Ayous – ALC – Limba – Limba
- Racket: DHS Hurricane Long 5 FL Handle
- Forehand: DHS Hurrican 3 Neo 39 degrees
- Backhand: DHS Hurrican 3 Softer 37 degrees
- Push: The touch is soft like pure wood, catching the ball is better, and the landing point is controlled accurately, which makes me very confident.
- Drive：It feels that like pure wood and soft, and it is clear than Viscaria. It needs to exert more power independently, eat the ball deeply, and technically require more upper limbs to move forward.
- Topspin Loop：Long 5 is suitable for looping in the middle and far table, with strong power and strong spin. The strong independent power, combined with the large upper limbs to meet the front, coupled with the excellent depth of the ball, makes the ball bombarded like a cannonball, making the opponent daunting. But only through the surface material can you experience Long 5’s extraordinary ball-holding ability and spin ability, the arc is very top, and a sense of security.
- Backhand Loop：Whether serving and attacking, or block and loop, Long 5‘s performance is satisfactory, the arc is moderate, not very low flat. On the first return for the underspin, you can feel the feeling of speed and rotation, eat the ball deep, not very difficult to play through. Whether you are attacking, drive topspin, or backspin with your forehand, it has a great sense of power and is very stable, especially when driving and loop topspin continuously.
- Defense: The defense does not shake hands, the feeling of absorbing power is very obvious and stable. At the same time, I also tried Donic F1, but Hurricane rubber felt more stable. When controlling the landing, Long 5’s spray feeling was even better.
Because of Long 5’s excellent control performance, it can sometimes counterattack in defense. Good backhand players can add some appropriate hits at this time. Of course, this will require a slight depression of the racket, and an angle of about 60 degrees is best. It can bounce the ball out, very stable!
|DHS Hurricane Long 5||Grade|
- Attack: Like a pure wood paddle, with a clear feeling.
- Drive: explosive power is not very good.
- Defense: very stable, absorbing power obviously, good control of drop point.
Who is suitable for long 5 Blade？
Long 5 is suitable for mid-range players who can make basic power and have excellent control. The threshold of Long 5 is not very high. The racket is smooth in attack, so the feeling of powerlessness is not a bad paddle, but the playing style is not suitable enough.
What rubber and Long 5 match?
- Robust configuration:
- Brute force configuration:
- Forehand: Tenergy 05 HARD
- Backhand: Donic F1
My name is Cosmos Boll and I’m 26 years old. I’m Chinese and live in Shanghai.
I am a table tennis enthusiast and a professional table tennis coach.
My idol is Timo Boll who is the greatest player in the world.